Y’all, it’s officially Christmas!! I’m currently listening to Christmas music (again) while writing this blog post. I’m SO excited about this time of year, and have some fun Christmas blog posts planned! Stay tuned! 😉
So I’ve thought a lot about being generous after I wrote “How & Why to Give Generously“. I believe being generous is so important as Christians. I mean, Jesus was generous in giving us His very life! Giving, whether it be of our time, talents, or money, can help lead others to Jesus. It shows His love. I hope you (and I!) remember that this season as we give and receive gifts!
I wanted to make a list of things we could all do to give generously this Christmas. But most of these could be done all year long! I hope you find at least one thing to do this season. Let me know which one(s) you plan to do!
Be Generous with Your Money
- Tithe 10% of everything you earn or receive. I want to start with this one because it is important as Christians! (Proverbs 3:9-10)
- Give a struggling friend a Starbucks or Chickfila gift card (I guess anywhere is good, but those are my personal faves 😉).
- Pay for the person’s meal or coffee behind you in line at the drive thru (I can tell you this makes a person’s day!).
- Give to a ministry that you are passionate about. Some of my faves are Samaritan’s Purse and Hope for Justice.
- Sponsor a child through Compassion.
- Pack an Operation Christmas Child shoe box.
Be Generous with Your Time
- Send a letter to a long distance (or short distance!) relative or friend.
- Offer to babysit for a parent while they holiday shop or just get some errands done.
- Go to a nursing home or assisted living place. You could read or play a game with the elderly.
- Call a friend or family member and tell them how much you love them.
- Volunteer at a nonprofit or soup kitchen in your community.
- Help your parents with things that need to be done around the house.
Be Generous with Your Talents
- Get plugged in at your church. You can serve with the children, by singing, or greeting others. Whatever God has called you to!
- If you are artsy, use that talent by blessing somebody with your artwork.
- If you can cook, make somebody a treat or meal.
- If you can sing or play an instrument, you could use your talents to preform in a nursing home or assisted living.
- Are you organized? Offer to help a mom organize or clean their home (make sure you don’t offend them 😉).
- If you enjoy theater, offer to help your children’s ministry director at church put on a Christmas play for the church.
Well there you have it! 18 ways to be generous whether or not it’s Christmas. And there are so many more I didn’t even list! What are some of your ideas on how to give generously? Which of these do you plan to do? I’d love to hear!
I’m so excited to be writing more Christmas blog posts!! Stay tuned for a favorite next week!