Y’all, self care is something that is becoming so important to me (and it’s becoming a growing theme in Christian blogs!). Jesus lives inside of us, and it is so important to take care of our bodies. Not only that, but it keeps us from going crazy. It helps you to reset, recharge, and better serve others. It’s not selfish when done with a selfless mindset. What?? Let me explain 😉. If you are taking care of yourself so that you can take care of others, and also glorify God, then that is selfless.
If you want to read more about self care before reading this list on how to practice self care, read: The Difference Between Me Time & Self Care.
I hope you enjoy reading through this list! I challenge you to choose an activity and do it today! Also, there is an image at the end with all of these activities on it if you’d like to save it to your phone or pin it!
Now let’s get started!
- Take a bubble bath (maybe even use a bath bomb!)
- Go for a walk or run
- Spend some time reading the Bible
- Paint while listening to music
- Write out everything you need to do and create lists (helps me not go crazy!)
- Drink a big cup of water
- Make a smoothie
- Pick up your room and then spray or diffuse an essential oil blend
- Apply a face mask
- Light a candle and cozy up with a blanket
- Pray while getting something done
- Go through your emails, delete trash, and unsubscribe from unwanted lists
- Take a Sunday nap
- Just stretch
- Take a break from social media
- Watch your favorite movie or tv show while eating a small treat
- Do something you’ve always wanted to do
- Eat a big salad
- Keep a thankfulness journal
- Paint your nails
- Get your hair done
- Get outside and journal
- Take the long way home and jam to your favorite songs
- Go to bed early
- Do a random act of kindness (it will bless you more than it will them!)
- Listen to a podcast
- Clean your sheets once a week or once every two weeks
- Take care of your skin (wash your face and use moisturizer!)
- Visit with a friend
- Write out a bucket list
- Wear modest clothes that make you feel comfortable
- Put on some earrings or a necklace
- Don’t over-schedule or over-commit yourself- pray about every decision!
- Bake something yummy
- Do your favorite workout
What is YOUR favorite from this list?? Anything you would add?? I’d love to connect with you in the comments!
Oh! And I have a super fun self care challenge coming soon with another blogger that you aren’t going to want to miss! Subscribe to my newsletter or follow me on Instagram to be the first to hear about it!