This summer I’ve rediscovered my love of reading! During the school year, I was so busy with school and work, among other things, that I didn’t read very much at all. At the beginning of the summer, I brought a book to the beach and knew I wanted to spend more time reading. Even though we’re about half way through the summer, I wanted to share with you some books you need to read before the summer is over! Seriously. Let’s get started!
Books to Read this Summer (or anytime!)
I love a good fiction book, so let’s start with those.
- The Christy Miller series by Robin Jones Gunn (including the college years, married years, and baby years) SO GOOD. I just finished up Salty Kisses!
- Sierra Jensen series by Robin Jones Gunn
- Katie Weldon series by Robin Jones Gunn
- Glenbrooke series by Robin Jones Gunn
- Love Finds You in Folly Beach, South Carolina by Loree Lough (this was my beach read!)
- Love Finds You in Last Chance, California by Miralee Ferrell (this one is a mystery, which is usually not my genre, but it was so good!)
- Love Finds You in Sunset Beach, Hawaii by Robin Jones Gunn (continuation of the Sierra Jensen series)
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (a classic!)
- Christy by Catherine Marshall
And now on to the Christian, inspirational books. These are good, y’all!
- Girl Defined by Kristen Clark & Bethany Baird
- Let’s All Be Brave by Annie Downs
- Looking for Lovely by Annie Downs
- Victim of Grace by Robin Jones Gunn
- Spoken For by Robin Jones Gunn & Alyssa Joy Bethke
- Praying for Your Future Husband by Robin Jones Gunn & Tricia Goyer
- Preparing to be a Help Meet by Debi Pearl (I’ll be honest. I didn’t agree with everything in this book, but I still learned a lot, which is why I’m including it.)
Well there you have it, some of my favorite books! I hope you check them out!
Which ones look good to you? What are some I should check out? Please comment them below!
Tags : books, encouragement, lifestyle, reading, summer, summer reading
Leave a Reply