But you know, it is so easy to get caught up in all of these good things and forget the true meaning of Christmas- Jesus! I wanted to write a post on how to prepare your heart for Christmas, so that on Christmas day you won’t be so caught up in the gifts, food, and family that you forget about Him. Let’s get started!
How to Prepare Your Heart
- Do an Advent study. I listed some awesome studies down below, and there are tons of other free ones on the internet and Pinterest. What is Advent? According to dictionary.com, “the period beginning four Sundays before Christmas, observed in commemoration of the coming of Christ into the world”. Definitely helps to keep Christ in Christmas, and helps you to focus on the true meaning!
- Don’t neglect your quiet time. Make an intentional choice to spend time with Jesus daily. This season is crazy- from finishing up the semester to all of the parties and activities. Make sure you make time with Jesus a priority, and you’ll have a more meaningful Christmas.
- Make sure your activities point to Jesus. I know, sometimes it’s not what you may want to do. But I find it’s easier to focus on Jesus when I’m listening to Christian Christmas music or making Jesus’ birth the center instead of Santa.
- Don’t over-schedule yourself. Make sure that you have some time to just rest and enjoy the season. You don’t have to go see allll of the lights and attend allll of the parties.
- Don’t neglect going to church. May seem a little obvious, but make sure you make church a priority. A lot of times during this season the pastor is talking about Advent or Christmas anyways, so that will help you focus on the reason for the season! Many churches also have a Christmas Eve service.
I hope those tips helped you! Now I want to share some awesome Christmas resources with you. I know you’ll love them!
- “The Greatest Gift: Unwrapping the Full Love Story of Christmas” by Ann Voskamp was recommended by Alyssa Bethke, whom I LOVE, so I had to order it! It has a devotion for each day.
- “Unwrapping Advent: Celebrating the Wonder of Jesus’ Arrival Then and Now” by Margaret Feinburg is a 4-week Advent Study. It’s only one devotional a week, on Sundays, and it has awesome discussion questions. It even has a song recommendation each week!
- And of course, I’m always doing the Little Bible Plan by littlefaithblog.com. Each day has Christmas challenges! I just love Jenny!
- 2018 Update: Here is the Little Bible Plan for this year!
What’s better than a festive wallpaper to brighten up your device? Here are some I think are super cute! Just search on Pinterest for even more.
(I just included the link instead of pictures due to copyright laws.)
- Noel – I’m currently using this one!
- Merry & Bright – 2 different styles! one has a deer, y’all it’s so cute.
- Merry & Bright (blush and gold) – so so pretty!
- Joy & Christmas Trees– 2 different ones, and so pretty!
- Be Merry – I’ve used this one and I love it!
- December – there are 6 different December calendar wallpapers to choose from!
- Gold Foil – for phone, desktop, and tablet!
- Deck the Halls with Bowls of Frosting – if you like to bake (or just eat 😉) you’ll love this one!
- Glory in the Highest – also for phone, desktop, and tablet!
- Holly Branch from le-chien-a-taches.com– so cute and simple!
- 2018 Update: @kristenshane_ is sharing a new wallpaper everyday for the month of December on her story!
Here is my favorite Spotify playlist! I tried to include all of the classics by some of my favorite Christian singers + some newer ones. I’m currently listening to this playlist while I write this post!
I haven’t personally made any gift guides this year, but I wanted to share some from my favorite bloggers. I’m sure you’ll find something for your friends and family!
Madison from Minnie Muse:
Gift Guide 2017– for her, beauty picks, and for him!
For the Christian Girl
Kristen from Kristen Rose Blog:
Affordable Gift Ideas For Her
Minimalistic & Unique Christmas Gift Guide
Christmas Outfit Idea:
Courtney from Classically Courtney:
3 Affordable Christmas Dresses Under $35
Well there you have it! I truly hope this was a fun blessing to you!
What are some of your favorite Christmas traditions?? What is your favorite part of this resource roundup?? I’d love to hear from you in the comments!